Good news and annoying news.
Good news first: My 3rd beta was 1,101. Yay! Next blood test is Friday. 6 week u/s will be scheduled for next week. Is this really happening? I'm still not sure.
Annoying news: The owner of my dream house is not willing to negotiate their price. Grrrrr! DH and I are trying to figure out if the house is worth it. We've been looking for over a year (passively) and nothing. We also looked at the last two years of settled houses to see how often a house that fits our "criteria" comes onto the market. Guess what? There wasn't ONE! I'm not sure what to do. In a way, I do think the asking price is pretty accurate. But I sorta don't want to deal with this guy because what kind of dick won't even negotiate a little? Is he that rich that he can afford to continue to own this house and the one he bought around the corner a year ago?!?!?! Maybe. If so, I think I dislike the idea of dealing with him even more.
Okay, gotta run for now. DH and I are heading to dinner while I still feel like eating. Our favorite place - Sag.ami. It's sushi. Which apparently I can't eat. Ah well, they have some great side dishes. :) I'll catch up with all of your posts later tonight - hopefully.
- Erica
- a wife, daughter, sister, and friend who has dealt with infertility and is now learning to accept all that life has to offer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'd say that if you think the house is worth it and you can afford his price, go for it. A realtor told us we paid too much for a house once (after the fact), but truthfully, we felt like we paid appropriately and we loved the house so much that it didn't matter to us. In the long run, our happiness in that house was totally worth the "extra" we paid.
ReplyDeleteIt is really happening!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the beta. On a house you have to go with your gut. If your gut feels like this is the house...buy it. Sure the guy's a jerk and you have to pay a little more, but you have the house you want and you can live there forever.
ReplyDeleteIf it's not *the house*, skip it.
Good luck!!! I hope it works out. Buying a house is so stressful!!!
Erica :) yay for another great beta!! OMG, this is happening!!
ReplyDeleteanout the house, well if you love it...and it is the one, i say go for it, even if he is a jerk. we just sold our place, and i almost talked J in to backing out because she was a bi---. she was fighting over 2k....and then she had the nerve to offer less and ask for my mirror...my mirror from my bedroom which cost a lot...but in the end, we need to sell, and this is the best time, before we end up holding onto it for even longer....but i don't have to like her :) oh, and she isn't getting my mirror!
and again, so happy for you :)
Aaaaagh! I hate house hunting/buying! Yay about your beta! I am so incredibly happy for you---yes, it's really happening!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for the beta...sorry about the house...but SO HAPPY for the beta!
ReplyDeleteyay on the beta!!!
ReplyDeletehouse stuff - we just sold and bought recently and i kept getting pissed - but then i just tried to look at it like a business transaction and leave my emotions out of it...it is tough and extremely stressful
have fun at dinner
Sweet beta! If you think the asking price is accurate, why not go for it, especially if houses that you want don't come on the market very often? How much different was your offer from the asking price? If the percentage difference is a drop in the bucket, don't sweat the small stuff. You have other things to worry about now! You did mention that this was your "dream house." It's annoying that the seller won't negotiate, but you're just buying a house from him and he won't be in your life after this.
ReplyDeleteOmgosh it is happening! So glad to see that beta rise!
ReplyDeleteAbout the house....If your housing market is like ours, this guy is already taking a loss to sell his house and probably doesn't want to lose more. If he isn't losing anything and is a dick....well the dick has your dream house, lol! If the price is accurate go for it!!
babyparamore.blogspot.com
Oh girl, I am SO excited for you!! I can't even tell you how much.
ReplyDeleteAs for the house, I'd tell him to kiss my ass. :) I'm a stubborn little booger when it comes to large purchases. I always get my way or I walk out. Car dealers, medical insurance people, real estate agents-all hate me. hehehehe.....
That sucks. Is it very far out of your price range? In that situation, I find it helpful to use an online calculator to figure out the monthly difference- often times it's less than you would expect!
ReplyDeleteYay for good beta! Can't wait to hear about the u/s!
Wow, congratulations on the third beta numbers. There is some strong growing going on in there :)
ReplyDeleteYay for an excellent beta. You are PREGNANT!! I just thought it would be great to hear that as many times as you can :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about the house. If it's as great as you described and meets all of your criteria...if you can afford it I would go for it. GL with the decision, though, as I know there are so many factors that go into it!
Thanks for all the support. I just love you so much you have NO IDEA! You're the best E!!!! Ray and I could not stop talking about how cute you look. We are so EXCITED for y'all. We love you. Give our love to J.
ReplyDelete